Wrong Turn


It was summer 2015; i started working as an intern in a company at black forest region, Germany. I do not think, i need to describe you about the beauty of this region


  

One day when I return back from work, I decided to take a long route via many small villages around in the hilly region… just for its stunning scenery on the way through those calm, beautiful little hills. The climate was nice that day, slightly rainy and misty.  I usually commute by bus; I had to take two buses to home, one from my company to a distance remote village inside black forest and from there another bus to my town.

The bus stop I take my second bus was supposed to be fourth stopping for the bus from its origin. As I got in, I see nobody in the bus as usual... Not surprising !!!  It is more common that buses runs almost empty in those regions. At some places, in non peak hours, someone waiting at the bus stop had to step on to the road and wave his hand as a signal for the driver to stop, usually drives tend to ignore bus stops. 

 I am the first passenger of the trip that day, I showed the bus driver (unlike India no bus conductor) my bus pass and about to get in, driver stopped me and asked that do I know the way to 'Schwenningen' – destination of the route?  For certain routes, local government transport company hires private company service. This route was one of that. It was a private company operated bus. 



i was surprised by driver"s question, but little excited, a new driver in the black forest region without a navi in the bus...going to be interesting.I was new to this place, so i politely said no idea and moved in and seated comfortably in one of the backside seats. Driver expected some local person would get in the next stops but unfortunately, nobody got it in for the next couple of stops. Generally, it is hard to find someone on the street in those small villages to inquire anything; you got to knock someone’s door for anything. Driver believed his intuition and kept driving in some direction. After few minutes of drive, we reached far out from villages, seemed like we are going in a forest road, but it was damn beautiful view from there. 


I had a thought, why not I help him out?! I got two mobiles one with live google map and another with offline satellite map connection. But i was reluctant, actually, i was enjoying the ride, and i wanted to be there for the whole evening. Music, misty weather, beautiful scenery what more I can ask for a lovely evening?

Sometime later driver realized that he was on a wrong route, so he turned back, reached a village, and halted the bus on the side of a main road of the village, expected for someone to come by that way. We waited for around fifteen minutes and got a help from an old man. Then finally, we drove to schwenningen. What was supposed to be thirty min journey became seventy minutes journey that day. Nevertheless, I had a great evening. Btw, I was the only passenger till the end of the trip.


Popular posts

Lost Baggage

Christmas Guest

I'm a Finisher